Powdered blend of fiber and prebiotics to promote weight management† by supporting healthy microflora balance, glycemic response, satiety and regularity‡
Benefits & Features
- Promotes satiety, digestive health, nutrient absorption and healthy glycemic control‡
- Supports healthy weight management†‡
- Enhances healthy gut microflora without gas, bloating or other intestinal side effects‡
- Offers a minimum of 6 grams of fiber per serving (7 grams typical)
- 1 gram glucomannan per serving
- Great mild taste
- No sugar, stevia or artificial sweeteners
- Part of the PureLean® product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Digestive health and weight management support†‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving, 1-3 times daily, mixed with a beverage.
Science & Research
The gut microflora is now recognized as an important factor in overall health, with potential roles ranging from cellular and immune health to metabolic function and weight management.†1 Studies indicate that obese individuals possess lower levels of Bacteroidetes microorganisms and higher levels of Firmicutes bacteria in the GI tract compared to lean individuals.2 In one study, germ free mice inoculated with bacteria from obese mice showed increased Firmicutes bacteria and an increase in body fat over two weeks despite no change in dietary intake, compared to mice inoculated with bacteria from lean mice.3 In a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 32 healthy adult subjects were given 1.4 grams or 2.8 grams of PreticX™ XOS for eight weeks. The Bifidobacterium count increased 21% from the baseline at four weeks and 17% from the baseline at eight weeks in the highest dose group. B. fragilis levels (a Bacteroidetes organism) were also found to increase.4‡ Similar results were found in another study involving healthy young women, which also showed PreticX™ supplementation resulted in an increase in fecal triglyceride and cholesterol concentrations.5 In contrast to many common prebiotics, these studies reported no gas, bloating or other intestinal sideeffects. Each serving of PureLean® Fiber provides 0.7 grams PreticX™ XOS and a minimum of 6 grams fiber, typically providing 3.5 grams soluble fiber from glucomannan, guar gum, apple pectin and prune fiber, and 3 grams insoluble fiber from flax seed and cellulose. Soluble fiber helps slow the rate of digestion, promoting satiety, digestive health, nutrient absorption and healthy glycemic control. It enhances satiety by absorbing water and adding bulk in the digestive tract.6-9 Research has revealed that the high molecular weight and viscosity of glucomannan is particularly supportive. Each serving of PureLean® Fiber contains 1 gram of glucomannan. Several randomized controlled trials indicate that glucomannan supports healthy weight management†, lipid metabolism and healthy glycemic control.10,11‡
- Lecerf JM, et al. Br J Nutr. 2012 Nov 28;108(10):1847-58.
- Ley RE, et al.PNAS. 2005. 102(31); 11070-11075
- Turnbaugh PJ, et al.Nature. 2006. 444; 1027-1031.
- Finegold SM, et al. Food Funct. 2014. 5; 436-445.
- Na MH, et al. The Korean Nutrition Society. 2007. 40(2); 154-161.
- Homann HH, et al. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr.1994 Nov-Dec;18(6):486-90.
- Ibr?gger S, et al. Appetite. 2012 Apr;58(2):490-5.
- Dahl WJ, et al. J Med Food. 2005 Winter;8(4):508-11.
- Okubo T, et al. Biosci Biotech Biochem. 1994. 58 (8); 1364-1369.
- Vuksan V, et al. Diabetes Care. 1999 Jun;22(6):913-9.
- Walsh DE, et al. Int J Obes. 1984;8(4):289-93.