Promotes the body’s natural, healthy detoxification process for common, mild environmental heavy metal exposure while supporting antioxidant defenses‡
Benefits & Features
- Supports the body’s natural detoxification process from common, mild environmental exposure‡
- Promotes antioxidants to help support immune defenses‡
- Enhances glutathione production and concentration‡
- Offers PectaSol-C® modified citrus pectin
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Detoxification and antioxidant support‡
As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
The unique characteristic of PectaSol-C® modified citrus pectin,versus other pectins, is its low molecular weight. A low molecular weight allows it to pass through the intestinal barrier and work systemically where it has the potential to bind to low levels of heavy metals from common, mild environmental exposure and facilitates their excretion.1 Modified citrus pectin does not appear to alter excretion of other minerals, including calcium, magnesium and zinc.2 Chlorella has a long history of traditional use in supporting the body’s natural detoxification process, particularly helping to regulate common heavy metal exposure and distribution in tissues.3 Sulforaphane, from broccoli sprout concentrate, promotes Nrf2-mediated signaling. Nrf2 controls the expression of numerous genes responsible for detoxification and protection against oxidative stress.4 As part of a cysteine-rich metal-binding protein, zinc exhibits similar properties.5 In addition, NAC provides important support for detoxification by maintaining glutathione concentrations.6 l-Methionine also plays a rolein glutathione production and phase II detoxification pathways in the liver.7 Preclinical studies suggest that alpha lipoic acid may help to moderate heavy metal induced oxidative stress.8‡
- Zhao ZY, et al. Altern TherHealth Med. 2008 Jul-Aug;14(4):34-8.
- Eliaz I, et al. Phytother Res. 2006 Oct;20(10):859-64.
- Queiroz ML, et al.Int Immunopharmacol. 2003 Jun;3(6):889-900.
- Wagner AE, et al.Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2013;2013:964539.
- Modi M, et al. J Trace Elem Med Biol.2006;20(3):197-204.
- Dauletbaev N, et al.Eur J Med Res.2009 Aug 12;14(8):352-8.
- Wang ST, et al. J Nutr. 1997 Nov;127(11):2135-41.
- Pande M, et al.Toxicology.2002 Aug 15;177(2-3):187-96.